Skip to main content

Need a Visa or eTA?

Since March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa.

Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, are not eligible to apply for an eTA and need to travel with a valid Canadian passport.

Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa

All travellers must present acceptable travel documents and identification must be presented at the border. We strongly suggest that you begin the process as soon as possible to avoid delays.

It is the sole responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa or an eTA. You can request a Visa letter during the registration process.

The organizers will not provide financial support.

Please check with the Canadian embassy or consulate for the specific requirements for your country.

Processing times:

Processing times for Special Events usually take between 30 to 60 days. Please submit your application for Visa as well as your request for biometrics as quickly as possible. As soon as you receive your application number, please email it back to us at or This will allow us to submit a valid attendees list to the immigration services to help them find our guests' names. This is not an automatic acceptance. You are responsible for submitting all the proper documentation for analysis.

Useful links:

Find out if you are eligible to apply

List of Canadian embassies and consulates

Entry requirements by country/territory  

How to apply - Visit on business